Resumé for Paul Wickliffe
- 1987 - present:
- Sole proprietor of Skyline Productions, Inc. a New York / New Jersey
corporation providing professional audio engineering and production services
for established record labels in the jazz and world music genres, i.e.
Arcadia, BMG, Blue Note, Concord Jazz, Evidence, GRP, Green Linnet, JVC,
Narada, N2K, Shanachie, Telarc Jazz and Verve / Forecast. In addition,
audio design services can be provided drawing upon Mr. Wickliffe's experience
designing, building and operating seven professional recording studios.
- 1979 - 1994:
- Founder, President and Chief Engineer of Skyline Studios, Inc.,
a New York corporation providing recording studio services to all major
record labels. Clients included: B-52's, Living Colour, Mariah Carey, C+C
Music Factory, Eric Clapton, Miles Davis, Duran Duran, Roberta Flack, Dizzy
Gillespie, Al Jarreau, Jodeci, Carol King, Queen Latifah, Melissa Manchester,
Bobby McFerrin, Ric Ocasek, Puff Daddy, REM, Diana Ross, Richie Sambora,
James Taylor, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Suzanne Vega and Paul Young and producers:
Clivilles and Cole, Neil Dorfsman, Kevin Killen, Arif Mardin, Hugh Padgham,
Nile Rodgers and Don Was. Skyline Studios was nominated for a TEC award
by the readers of Mix Magazine as top five studio in the world for five
years in a row (1989 - 1993).
- 1977 - 1979
- Sole proprietor of Studio 28, a recording studio. Primary focus
was jazz and folk records and producing publishing demos for MCA Music
and Peer / Southern publishers.
- 1975 - present:
- Professional audio engineer. During the first decade, he recorded
the gamut of pop artists from Sammy Davis, Jr. to Meatloaf, from Judy Collins
to Grace Jones. Since being nominated for a Grammy Award in 1986 for engineering
a GRP jazz record, he made jazz and world music his primary focus, engineering
and / or producing an average of two dozen releases per year.
- 1974 - 1977:
- Worked as free-lance cinematographer / gaffer / sound recordist
on non-union features and commercials.
- 1973 - 1975:
- Attended New York University, School of the Arts, Institute of Film
and Television studying cinematography and film editing. Worked with classmates
Joel Silver, Amy Heckerling and Bob Colesbury among others.
- 1972 - 1973:
- Attended Ithaca College Film and Television program primarily to
study screen writing with Rod Serling.
- Born US citizen. Married to jazz vocalist, Roseanna Vitro with one child.